Monday, June 6, 2011

Round 1 Match 2 AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND (#5) VS FRANCE (#4)

Here is a match that 3 weeks ago would not have been a match.  You would have asked me "Hey Matt what do you think of French Zom...." right there i would have slapped you silly before you could finish.  "NO!" I would have ranted and raved as I threw old yogurt all over your stunned self.  But today, same question, and I would reply "hmmmm That's a good question friend."  What made the difference?  The Horde, that's what.

AUSTRALIA/NZFRANCE
Black SheepThe Horde
UndeadThe Horde
Dead AliveThe Horde
Last of the LivingThe Horde

As you can see I've already reviewed a couple of these.  While it might look one sided to some to me this is a VERY hard decisioin.  Despite all the flaws France has as a country and a people they have crafted one of the best zombie movies I've ever seen.  If you couldn't tell i listed Australia and New Zealand as one just to make things even.  I thought they would get less upset than if i tried to make Japan and China one catagory.  It just made more sense this way.  Black Sheep will get a good review from me because it's just an awesome gory gem.  Undead was really good and Dead Alive was a "5 hand" Zombie Classic!  But have you seen "The Horde".  It's the Shindler's List of zombie movies.  It's epic.  With that said i have to give this match to France!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I watched The Horde on Netflix a couple weeks ago and it instantly went to my top spot for favorite zombie flick. I've been telling everyone I know to watch this movie, it really does excel above so many others. Shit man, now you got me wanting to rewatch it! Nice blog, btw. I am all about craft beer and zombie flicks, so this is quite a cool set-up you have here!

    ReplyDelete